39A. Equal justice and free legal aid

The State shall secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice, on a basis of equal opportunity, and shall, in particular, provide free legal aid, by suitable legislation or schemes or in any other way, to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities.

One Response to “39A. Equal justice and free legal aid”

  1. Arun says:

    Dear sir,

    I am bit confused and shall appreciate your words of advice if you please let me know (after checking) about the legal provisions, in existence as per Indian legal system which an individual can invoke against the higher authorities in the in Govt. Service for the followings:
    1.       Concealing the information regarding the individual from the higher authorities.
    2.       Providing wrong information regarding the individual to the higher authorities.
    3.       Providing manipulated information about the individual to the higher authorities.
    4. Not forwarding the representation to the higher authorities.
    4.       Harassment at work place, etc
    5. Removing the individual from the position when corruption and irregularities happening in the institute were brought in the notice of the authorities.
    6. Spoiling the ACR and not intimating the same to me, etc.

    Also let me know whether one has to file a civil suit or a criminal suit in such a scenario for the damages done by the authorities to the individual.

    All these things / events are available on record (received through RTI) where the authorities concealed, provided wrong information and manipulated the things to justify their action or to harm or harass the individual.

    Appreciate an early response clarifying my doubts whether one should proceed for legal action or not in the present frame work of legal frame work of India or not. If legal action can be initiated as per the provisions of the specific laws, please provide me the details. It will be nice if some earlier SC or HC Court rulings / judgments can be enclosed for my ready reference.

    Regards –

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *